MailScan for Linux is a reliable web based 'Real-Time' mail scanning Software for Linux Mail Servers and performs Spam filtering and virus scanning. It offers a complete and secure security solution for mail servers running on Linux. Some of the Linux mail servers that it protects are: SendMail, Qmail, Exim, PostFix, etc.
With the increased penetration of Linux as an alternate operating system for mail servers, attacks on Linux based mail servers has increased. About 90% of the viruses today enter the organizations via Internet emails. The only solution is to provide content security or, in a broader sense, security plug-ins, at the gateway level and most importantly, everything has to be on a "Real-Time" basis. MailScan for Linux is delivers all these functions. It provides a comprehensive virus, harmful-carrier and content security. It stops these threats before they arrive on to the company's network. MailScan for Linux acts as a Content-Security and Anti-Virus Software for your Corporate Mail Server. It scans and cleans e-mails that:
Key Features of MailScan:
A. Flow between all the local users.
B. Are sent from your Mail Server to the Internet
C. Come into your Mail Server from the Internet (either via SMTP).
- All the mails pass through MailScan that ensures security and delivery of messages.
- MailScan works on "TCP-IP Port level" and hence does not require an additional machine to act like a gateway. MailScan for Linux is based highly optimized open source and in-house developed software's.
- MailScan for Linux being a gateway, all the mails pass through MailScan where the following functions are performed:
- - Scanning all the e-mails for viruses before letting them through the gateway.
- - SPAM control by checking the validity of the mail senders and their IP-Addresses (available in MailScan for Linux).
- MailScan for Linux performs virus and content scanning at the gateway and then delivers the mail to the user mailboxes.
MailScan for Linux Features
- Anti-Spam Features (Click here for details)
- Anti-Virus Features (Click here for details)
- Other Features (Click here for details)
MailScan for Linux also has
Content (Spam) Scanning
Customized Alert Messages
Malicious Attachments Detection
MailScan works like a Service
Easy and convenient Administration
Get Up-to-date names of Viruses via e-mail
OS Support: Linux
Last Update: 06 Jan 2004
Virus reports: Virus check results
Publisher: MicroWorld Technologies Inc