eBook Reader for The Nokia 9300 / 9500 is a viewer and organizer for electronic books. With eBook Reader you can download, and read eBooks from Web-based eBook stores. Your eBooks reside in a personal library located on your Communicator.
eBook Reader has 4 main components:
- Bookstores, where you download eBooks
- My Library, where you organize your eBooks and choose books to read
- Reader, where you read the eBooks
- eBook Maker, where you make the eBooks
Bookstores is a place where you download eBooks from stores on the Internet. Bookstores requires an Internet connection. When you enter Bookstores, you see a list of Web sites. Select a site and press Go button or press Enter.
My Library is an organizer for your eBooks. When you download an eBook it appears in My Library.
My Library displays names, sizes and last access dates of your eBooks. You can view the entire contents of My Library or only books in categories you choose.
eBook Reader comes with a set of built-in categories. All categories show all your eBooks. You can define your own categories. To assign the book to a category and view details about the book select an eBook in the list and press Details.
Reader displays the content of your eBooks. When you return to a book you have read before, the eBook Reader opens the book to the last page you read. You can also bookmark any page and later return to this page by pressing Bookmark button. You can enlarge the text by pressing Zoom keys.
- The most popular Palm DOC (Aportis) format of electronic books.
- Plain text (TXT) format.
- HTML (no graphics, text only) format.
- eBook Reader interface is available in English, German, and Chinese.