hayekl##6.0##1361783169##Rapidly create slideshows (EXE) and screensavers (SCR) as standalone files##AL Pictures Slideshow Studio is a program designed to help you create slideshows from images in a few simple steps. It comes with a wide range of configurable settings.
The tool is wrapped in a user-friendly GUI. Thanks to the Explorer-based layout, you can easily locate and add pictures, music and transitions to the project by using the 'drag and drop' method.
The item queue displays several properties about each entry, such as the location, transition style and effect, duration and comment of the pictures.
So, you can adjust the delay and transition time, rotate slides, preview songs in a built-in audio player and adjust the volume level, as well as configure project settings regarding the window size, main icon and other preferences (e.g. random transitions and slides, apply a grayscale filter to photos).
The background may be customized when it comes to its style and color set. Plus, you can apply a logo as banner and set its position, as well as insert links to your websites. The borders color is defined by the user, while messages can be inserted on start or on exit, in addition to help messages and various captions.
AL Pictures Slideshow Studio integrates a security setting, thus allowing you to restrict user access by password-protecting the slideshow. The tool supports multiple themes for the interface and allows the renaming of image files in batch mode. Projects can be saved to file for further editing.
We have not encountered any issues during our testing; AL Pictures Slideshow Studio did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs. It supports keyboard shortcuts and uses a moderate amount of system resources. First-time users may need some time to get familiarized with the app's features. Otherwise, AL Pictures Slideshow Studio provides some excellent tools for creating slideshows.
Version reviewed 7.0 on: 23 Feb 2013 by hayekl
Here are some key features of "AL Pictures Slideshow Studio":
- Create presentations combining photos and audio into a single executable file or screensaver (EXE or SCR). No additional programs are required to playback the slideshow.
- Choose from 182 transitional effects (fade, slide, wipe, etc.) for each individual slide.
- Showing fade out one slide with fade in the next one.
- Showing fade out one slide then fade in the next one.
- Supported graphic formats include JPEG, JPG, TGA, BMP, RLE, DIB, TIF, TIFF, VSD, ICB, VDA, WIN, PCX, PCC, BW, RGB, RGBA, SGI, PSD, PDD and PNG files.
- Supported audio formats include MP3, WAV, MID, and MIDI files.
- Uses 182 transition effects (fade in, fade out)
- Tuning "frames per slide" to effectively using your 3D accelerator. For slowly video-cards (like nVidia TNT, TNT2 ...) value 20-50 is recommended. For faster video-cards (GeForce2..4, Radeon, ATI, Voodoo 3 ...) you can set it greater than 50.
- Set background pictures for each slide.
- Set background colors for each slide.
- Set duration times for each picture.
- Stretch pictures to fit into each slide.
- Simultaneously (fade in and fade out) for each slide.
- Set alignments for each slide.
- Each slide can have up to two notes.
- You can define theirs location on the screen, font, size, color of font itself and background as well.
- Current date and time (each slide). You can define theirs location on the screen, font, size, color of font itself and background as well.
- Preview individual slides and their effects.
- Preview the slideshow(screensaver) in its entirety.
- Create separate messages for the slideshow's beginning and end.
- Have program create slideshow with random transitions.
- No extra library needed for audio files.
Create slideshows in the following modes:
- Maximized window without frame (recommended)
- Maximized window with frame
- Window 320 x 240
- Window 640 x 480
- Window 800 x 600
- Window 1024 x 768
- Window 1152 x 864
- Window 1280 x 1024
- Full screen mode (default size) - current desktop settings are used
- Full screen mode 640 x 480
- Full screen mode 800 x 600
- Full screen mode 1024 x 768
- Full screen mode 1152 x 864
- Full screen mode 1280 x 1024
- Multilingual interface (Arabic, Belarussian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Slovenian, Slovak, Turkish) see more
- Save projects to work with again in the future.
- Compatible with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me,
- Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- Require DirectX 6.0 or later (testing with DirectX 7.0, 8.0, 8.1, 9.0)
- Uses hardware 3D accelerator (if any). This allows to improve performance and output quality.
- Pictures search on the local PC and Internet (through Google.com, PicSearch.com and Altavista.com search engine)