The learning curve is trivial because the user interface includes only the bare essentials. BerBible works great on Lowest Common Denominator computers that are too obsolete for fuller featured Bible software to be practical.
BerBible is a small 1.1meg download (less than a floppy disk for easy Internet download), which includes the public domain World English Bible OT+NT. Even on dinosaur computers, it loads in less than one second. Word/phrase searching (super concordance) is very fast and flexible to find what you are looking for.
BerBible works great on Lowest Common Denominator computers that are too obsolete for fuller featured Bible software to be practical. It doesnâ€™t assume the end-user has a high resolution monitor and latest/greatest/fastest hardware. BerBible is quite usable even with a 486, Win95, and VGA 640*480 resolution. Its small download size is optimized for downloading by people with slow, unreliable, and/or expensive Internet service.
BerBible derives its name from Berean Bible, which reflects that the focus is on inspired Scriptures with no provision for commentaries.
...[the noble Bereans] received the word with all readiness of the mind, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so. Acts 17:11b (WEB)
God is pleased when followers of the Lord Jesus Christ have a growing knowledge of His Bible, His Son, and His message of salvation and repentance for a lost and dying world.
Here are some key features of "Berean Bible":
- Simple! Intuitive user interface. Trivial learning curve.
- Tutorial with 100+ detailed steps oriented to less experienced computer users
- Minimal hardware/software/os requirements: Win95/WinNt or later
- Works fine with WinXp. Will work with many Win95 systems
- Small self-contained download (under 1.1 meg including World English Bible).
- Very quick, simple, and 'well-behaved' installation. No system .dll's added.
- Thorough, well-behaved uninstall. No residual files or registry entries left behind.
- Animated slideshow (Qarbon viewlet) demonstrates basic features of ver 2.10p.
- Native Win32 app launches and runs very fast, even on older dinosaur systems
- MaxSetup with AKJV, ASV, BBE, KJV, WEB, and YLT (about 5.5 Mb)
- AKJV download by itself (American King James Version ... about 990 kb)
- ASV download by itself (American Standard Version ... about 1.05 mb)
- BBE download by itself (Bible in Basic English ... about 980 kb)
- KJV download by itself (King James Version [1611/1789] ... about 1.10 mb)
- Webster download by itself (Webster's Bible ... about 1.05 mb)
- YLT download by itself (Young's Literal Translation ... about 1.05 mb)
- Mature, stable software actively supported with regular updates
- Web enabled. Send e-mail and vist home page from within program
- Yahoo e-group community for support by developer and peer users
- Mozilla open 1.1 license for author copyright with negligible restrictions
- O)pen S)ource I)nitiative software at http://sourceforge.net/projects/berbible
- Innovative software source code is available.
- Optimal for 800*600+ resolution, but works well with 640x480 VGA (no scrolling!) for older computers and laptops.
OS Support: Win2000, Win95, Win98, WinXP
Last Update: 05 Oct 2005
Virus reports: Virus check results
Publisher: LA SofStuf