dbExpress is a database-independent layer that defines a common interface to provide fast access to SQL database servers.
For each supported server, dbExpress provides a driver as an independent library that implements the common dbExpress interfaces for processing queries and stored procedures. As a thin and simple data-access layer, dbExpress provides high performance database connectivity and is easy to deploy.
dbExpress driver for Oracle (DbxOda) will provide direct high performance access to Oracle database servers. dbExpress can work using Oracle Call Interface (OCI) or SQL*Net directly. DbxOda supports Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, Oracle 8 and Oracle 7.
Here are some key features of "dbExpress driver for Oracle":
- Direct access to data - Direct SQL*Net protocol support. This feature allows driver to work in Direct mode without Oracle client software - High performance - Supports the latest versions of Oracle servers - Ability of monitoring query execution with dbMonitor - Extended options for advanced behaviour - Complete support for dbExpress version 4 - Source code available - Includes annual Subscription with Priority Support - Licensed per developer without royalty fee
Changes on the new version: * Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 supported
* Application development for 64-bit Windows is supported
* FireMonkey and VCL/LCL compatibility added
* Support of master/detail relationship for TVirtualTable is added
* OnProgress event in TVirtualTable is added