There is a new type of virus in the wild called Win32.Induc.A / Delphi.Induc since April 2009 that only infects Delphi Compilers. Unfortunately anti virus software started to detected it almost 4 months later.
During that time the virus was spread wildly on the internet and on magazin CDs. And now a lot of applications are infected. The good thing about this virus is, that it only infects Delphi 4 - 7 and no other programs or executables.
The bad thing is, that most anti virus programs refuse to start applications that have been compiled with infected Delphi compilers. Most anti virus applications are also unable to remove that virus from the executable. So you end up with a lot of applications on your hard disk that you are unable to start.
GSA has developed a tool that could remove the Win32/Induc.A virus completely from executables and let you start them again without your anti virus complaining about it.
Give GSA Delphi Induc Cleaner a try to see just how useful it can be for you!
Here are some key features of "GSA Delphi Induc Cleaner":
Scan only executables:
- Scan only files with extentions like exe, dll or ocx.
Scan only files who seem to be delphi compiled (detection could fail):
- If the executable was not compiled with delpi, it is not scanned.
Unpack UPX packed files if possible:
- UPX is often used to reduce the size of an executable. It must be unpacked to scan for the virus code.
Create Backup (in case disinfection fails):
- If checked, the program will copy the executable to *.bak and start cleaning. In case the executable is no longer working (should not happen), you can copy it back.
- The program will scan all sub folder if you have this checked.