MediaMan is a handy program that lets you easily organize your media, whether we're taking about books, games, music, videos or others.
The tool comes with a clean and intuitive interface in which you can start a new collection by specifying its name and location.
So, you can import media from the hard drive or Amazon, as well as edit their information (e.g. rating, tag, book ISBN number and publisher, music label and genre, video language and picture ratio, game or software description).
In addition, you can use a search function, switch to full screen mode, duplicate items or create a blank one, as well as change the viewing mode (e.g. thumbnails, list).
Furthermore, you can use flags for rental management, print item information, easily arrange your media objects, use tags, and others. On top of that, you can backup and export your collection, change the interface language, switch to a different theme for the interface, hide fields in item details, and more.
MediaMan runs on a moderate-to-high amount of system resources and it can guide you to a well-written help file online (too bad it doesn't contain any snapshots). The tool has a very good response time and didn't cause us any difficulties during our tests. We strongly recommend MediaMan to all users.
Here are some key features of "MediaMan":
- Intuitive user interface, elegant design, fully customizable and easy operation
- Importing information from Amazon (including Amazon United States, Great Britain, Germany, Japan, Canada, France), and the Library of Congress
- Rendering the collection in realistic digital shelves, plus comprehensive alternative view modes
- Supporting keyboard-input style barcode scanners, and barcode scanning through webcam
- Managing the collection in nested categories
- Managing the collection by tagging
- Editing item information with batch function
- Borrow/rental status management
- Easy access to search, and other maintenance tools
- Printing and exporting the collection
- Single file to store collection, with native Unicode support
- Automated self-update