Process Priority Optimizer is a process priority class optimizer for NT/XP systems through psapi.dll.
- Simple and easy to use
- Automatically shutdown unwanted applications/processes (viruses, ad-ware, silly programs, etc.)
- Automatically adjust applications execution priorities based on user preference (AVI compression won't slow down your computer)
- Transparently boost performance (and system responsiveness)
- Anti-LockUp: automatically withdraw CPU time from aggressive processes (experimental)
- Shutdown processes automatically at a given date-time
- Uses only ~10MBs of memory
- English & Hungarian user interface
- Windows NT/Windows XP (psapi.dll)
Limitations in the unregistered version:
- Saving the settings is disabled
- 25 day trial
The default setings should be ok for a regular user.
There is a safety switch that will turn off optimizing if the cycle's length is greater then the preset. Setting the optimizing cycle lower will react to boosting mechanism only.
Setting the managing profiles refresh to smaller value speeds up the auto-set class priorities task. Optimizing cycle timing also affects the Anti-LockUp (automatic priority class lowering function) reaction speed.