ReaSoft Network Firewall is a new generation corporate gateway firewall which protect the network from external and internal attacks, provides Internet access to users and offers enhanced traffic control features. If you want to have an extra program to protect your computer, you could try ReaSoft Network Firewall!
The program is designed for small and medium-sized enterprises to improve the corporate security and meet the network management needs. Configure the rules for a user or a group of users determining access to network resources, such as mail, FTP, web servers, etc.
With the help of the set rules the user can control what services to let through your firewall, and which ones to keep out as well as what action to take for each connection. It is possible to configure access policies for each network regardless of its type and parameters of the security policies applied for the other networks.
The important feature of ReaSoft Network Firewall is that it allows to configure access to local resources from external networks. All these rules are about preventing stealing business information or hackers attacks that may turn the computer into a "zombie" and add it to a botnet to send spam, act as a server, or steal personal information. Besides firewall policy rules, ReaSoft Network Firewall enables to configure traffic usage policy for any network objects or groups.
Specificate traffic usage by limiting quotas for any convenient period. Moreover, ReaSoft Network Firewall permits to monitor the network activity. It controls the established sessions and connections, traffic usage by users and services. System and security events are available to gather information about Firewall activity and system health. ReaSoft Network Firewall allows you to monitor the activity of your network in real time.
Here are some key features of "ReaSoft Network Firewall":
Multi Network support:
- ReaSoft Network Firewall allows you to configure your network based on logical objects of private (trusted) and public (untrusted) networks. It is possible to configure access policies for each network independent of the network type (private, public) and the parameters of security policies set for other networks.
- ReaSoft Network Firewall supports any number of IP addresses on one network interface. You can just split your network into logical subnets (for example, single out a perimeter network (aka DMZ) and create the necessary security policies.
- To ensure higher security, network relationships are established between networks in addition to Firewall rules. To connect your local area network to the Internet via one IP address and to prevent access to the protected network, you should set the NAT interaction type. To provide access between local area networks and in other cases, the "Route" interaction type is set.
- A specially developed engine supporting the NAT technology is used to provide secure access to the Internet and any other networks. The NAT mechanism allows you to translate addresses from private networks into one address in a public network when private network clients access the public network. The NAT technology allows you to limit direct access to data in your network. Thus, all attacks from the public network are directed to a safely protected Firewall server, while LAN clients remain unavailable for malicious access.
- The NAT mechanism implemented in the Firewall engine works independently of the client configuration and does not require the installation of some special software.
- More then two years proved the high security and performance of the NAT technology engine developed for ReaSoft Network Firewall.
- The Firewall engine allows clients to work correctly via the FTP protocol in both passive and active modes and in all network relationship modes (NAT or Route).
- ReaSoft Network Firewall filters packets on the network level. Each packet going through the server is checked for compliance with access policies. Only packets from allowed connections get into the network. If there is a blocking rule set for a connection, the packet will be blocked. By default, connections that have no access rules specified for them are also blocked. Changes in the access policy are applied right when they are made.
- ReaSoft Network Firewall performs the Stateful Packet Inspection (ACC technology), which allows you to increase the protection against unauthorized access to the company's network.
- The work of the Firewall is based on chains of rules and allows you to configure security policies in the most simple and clear way.
- The Server Publishing mechanism makes it possible to access servers in the private or perimeter (DMZ) network of the company, such as web servers, mail servers, data servers, and to ensure safe protection against external attacks at the same time. ReaSoft Network Firewall runs as a published server and thus provides an additional protection level. Firewall Redirect Rules are used to publish servers.
- ReaSoft Network Firewall also allows you to redirect connections to other IP addresses or to other TCP/UDP ports. This technology is also known as Mapping.
Traffic usage policy:
- ReaSoft Network Firewall allows you to count the traffic used by clients and also to limit its usage with quotas. To be able to count traffic, you need to set a rule where you specify the protocol, the client to count traffic for and client connection destinations. When connections going through the Firewall server are processed, traffic will be counted for all rules the connection matches to. If you need to limit traffic for your users, you should use quotas that are specified in traffic usage rules. When a traffic usage rule reaches one of the specified quotas, the operation specified in the quota will be performed. You can block the connection or send a notification about exceeding the quota. It is possible to specify any number of quotas for one traffic usage rule.
Real time monitoring:
- ReaSoft Network Firewall allows you to monitor the activity of your network in real time. You can view the statistics of traffic usage rules and also current sessions and connections.
- Monitoring connections allows you to control all requests sent to the Firewall server or going through it. It is necessary to monitor connections when you configure and debug firewall policy rules.
- You should monitor sessions in order to monitor all clients that established connections with the server or with resources in other networks.
- The section where you monitor the statistics of traffic usage rules allows you to monitor the statistics of all rules.
- Each client in your network can view the statistics of the traffic usage rules set for it in any web browser. The statistics of only those rules that have a special permission set for them will be available for the client. Also, you can remotely view the statistics of all rules, but you will have to enter your ReaSoft Network Firewall administrator password on a special web page.
- ReaSoft Network Firewall comes together with a specially deigned control panel that makes the configuration process easier and allows you to avoid mistakes in configuration. For initial configuration, it is enough to specify the parameters of your network in the special Network Configuration Wizard. After the wizard finishes its work, your network will be protected against external attacks and also all LAN clients will have access to the specified services in the public network. Rules and objects are created with the help of simple and clear wizards that will not allow you to make mistakes during the configuration process. The set of predefined firewall rules ensures that the server will be running in case you make mistakes while creating security policies. ReaSoft Network Firewall supports remote control from any computer on your local area network.
Events and Logs:
- To allow you to completely control the work of ReaSoft Network Firewall, it has its own event system that logs system events and security events. It is recommended to look through ReaSoft Network Firewall events regularly to fix errors and prevent failures.
- All events and firewall information about is saved to text files in the standard w3c format. You can analyze these files in third-party software and get detailed statistics.
- ReaSoft Network Firewall allows you to back up the system configuration. The configuration is saved to a separate XML file that can be recovered in case of failures or damages.
- To ensure higher fault tolerance for the system, ReaSoft Network Firewall allows you to automatically back up the configuration according to schedule. In case the system fails, you can get the system running again within a short period of time.
- ReaSoft Network Firewall can authenticate users not only by internal ReaSoft Network Firewall accounts, but also by Active Directory accounts. With Firewall Security Client installed on workstations, users can be automatically authenticated by their Windows login (NTLM) or Firewall login.
- Any Windows login (domainusername, computerusername, username) can be used to authenticate users.
- ReaSoft Network Firewall is completely compatible with server products from Microsoft, such as Exchange Server, MS SQL Server, Share Point Portal Server and others.
- When ReaSoft Network Firewall is running together with Microsoft products, it does not impose any limitations on their normal operation.
- There may be conflicts with some firew