SNMP OPC server allows operators to obtain information and status for devices that form communication computer network. After that, operator can use this information for diagnosting network or system problems.
SNMP OPC Server has implemented newest specification OPC DA 3.0 and OPC XML DA, which allows clients to communicate with server using Web services.
Not all network devices are SNMP manageable. SNMP OPC server is able to configure OPC tags for such devices. These tags are defined as hearbeat and they can obtain time of response of device. This feature of SNMP OPC Server allows obtaining basic information about the state of unmanageable devices.
Manageable SNMP devices can send data to management applications also without being requested from these applications traps (for example when the value is changed), what reduces requirements for communication between SNMP agent and SNMP manager. SNMP OPC Server supports receiving data by these traps.
The value about the state of the network devices obtained through SNMP agents can be further processed in SNMP OPC server by using JScripts. Alone SNMP OPC server allows configuration and running of these scripts with help of built-in simple editor, what allows user the possibility to make preprocessing of the loaded data directly in the SNMP OPC Server.
Here are some key features of "SAEAUT SNMP OPC Server Basic":
- implementation of protocols SNMPv1, SNMPv2c
- implemented OPC specification OPC DA 1.0, 2.05, 3.0 OPC Server, OPC Alarms and Events Version 1.0 a 1.10
- installation package contains SAEAUT SNMP OPC Server Runtime and SAEAUT SNMP OPC Server Configurator implemented as out of process server (exe file)
- installation package is enhanced with OPC XML-DA wrapper, OPC DA 3.0 test client, test client for communication with SAEAUT SNMP OPC Server using Web Services
- the possibility to manage unlimited number of devices with running SNMP agent using one of above mentioned SNMP protocols
- using ping to manage devices without running SNMP agent, displaying of round trip time as one OPC variable
- using SNMP commands GET, SET and traps data
- processing data using JScripts
- support of global JScript variables enabling historical data processing
- tags in address space of the OPC server are defined using MIB object identifier (Object ID), for example .184.108.40.206.4.1.26220.127.116.11; defined Object ID's can be validated by input in OPC configurator, data type are updated by validation process
- implementation of MIB Browser, which requests SNMP manageable device for its SNMP variables corresponing to MIB objects and supplies user with MIB objects IDs, data types and vaules
- if there are some traps defined, one special thread waits for any notification from SNMP OPC server in-built network management system (NMS)
- odule IP Scanner, which is used for scanning computer network in defined IP area
- Event logging of SAEAUT SNMP OPC Server
- Examples of OPC clients
- Source codes for OPC clients