Navigating the Internet is a daily activity for many people worldwide and the browser of choice is usually one of the bigger names in the business. However, once in a while it doesn't hurt to try a different flavor and go for a less famous but just as capable tool like SlimBrowser.
It is based on the Internet Explorer's engine, so it comes with all features bundled into Microsoft's browser, but it also brings forth a lot of goodies that could make your online experience a bit more attractive.
First of all, SlimBrowser comes with tab support and there are several settings to modify tab behavior, so you can easily change the way you close or open a new one. The 'QuickFill' menu allows you to manage forms and identities while the 'Groups' feature helps you save and open several sites together.
The browser tackles the social networks access pretty well as it comes with dedicated Facebook support to share a text, a link or update the status on the go. In the same time, SlimBrowser enables the user to share a link on popular services such as Twitter or Google Buzz.
Popup blocking features are still there, so are the privacy functions to remove history and temporary files on the go, but one really great feature is the auto-form filler. This way, you can auto complete forms you find online automatically, so you don't have to write down the same contact info over and over again.
All in all, SlimBrowser is a pretty nifty way of browsing the Internet and, as long as you're not an aficionado of one of the bigger names like Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome, it could be a viable alternative.
Here are some key features of "SlimBrowser ":
- Built-in web form filler. Also support integration of RoboForm Form Filler.
- Built-in popup killer suppresses all annoying popup ads while you browse internet.
- Built-in web form spell checker proofs your online postings against spelling mistakes.
- URL Filter eliminate ad banners or other unwanted components within web pages by address patterns.
- Convenient access to major web search engines or your own favorite ones by Quick-Search Bar
- Built-in VBScript/Jscript/HTML/Text editor.
- A large collection of skins available to tune the browser appearance to your own taste.
- Autologin enables you to navigate to your favorite site and log into your account with a single click.
- Seamless integration with online translation engines and dictionaries.
- Site group lets you save a collection of web sites as a group and open all of them at once with a single click.
- You can type pre-defined short alias instead of long URL to browse frequently visited internet sites